Appearing on Google’s first page organically, which means for free, is a goal we all strive for but it is incredibly difficult to achieve. Here are some tips from Yoast who have created a SEO plugin for WordPress that is used by millions of sites around the world.
What makes your company unique?
- You need a clear concept of the mission of your company.
- What you have to offer?
- What are your unique selling points?
- What are your unique service/products?
Who is your audience?
- What words do your potential audience use?
Get a feel for your competition
- Google some search terms you would like to rank for and see who comes up in the first page
- You need to have a google account and sign up for Adwords.
- Using the Keyword Planner you can research keywords to find out how many times they were used per month and how intense the competition is for this keyword.
We can help
- Once you have come up with your mission, competitive edge and audiences we can help you with the research.
- Small businesses need to find a niche so you can start with a big set of long tail keywords (not as competitive) and work your way up slowly.
- You can also create an Adwords campaign for the targeted keywords to get you started.
- You set the budget and we can help create and run the campaign.